Melbourne Travel Guide | Top Attractions, Travel Essentials, Tips & More
Why visit Melbourne?
Art, culture, diversity, and food are things you will find in every nook and corner of Melbourne. What makes Melbourne special is the city’s warm and welcoming atmosphere that attracts 10 million international and domestic visitors every year.
Travel Essentials in Melbourne
- Language: English Language
- Currency: Australian Dollar | AU$
- Time Zone: Australian Eastern Daylight Time | AEST
- Country Code: +61
- Socket Type: Type I
- Emergency Numbers: 000 for all emergency services
Top 10 Things to Do in Melbourne
8. Moonlit Sanctuary
Conservation Park | Fun Activity
9. Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
Popular Landmark | Unique Experience
10. Ashcombe Maze
Hedge Maze | Gardens | Recreational Experience
Top 5 Melbourne Travel Tips
- Avoid the peak season: December to February is popular among visitors. You will find all the places booked up during this time. If you’re looking for a peaceful trip to Melbourne, avoid visiting during these months.
- Choose public transport: All areas in Melbourne are well-connected. If you stay close to the major attractions, you can even walk. But public transport is the most affordable option to explore the city.
- Be prepared for the unexpected: It is a popular saying among locals that Melbourne has four seasons in a day and they are not an exaggeration. Pack accordingly to ensure that you’re not struggling in the city’s changing weather.
- Pay at the counter: Restaurants and cafes in Melbourne send the bill to your table after you’re done eating but you will have to pay at the counter. Don’t leave cash at the table.
- Take trams: There are many free tram zones in Melbourne. You can just hop on, see scenic views of the city and hop off to your destination without paying any money.
Frequently Asked Questions About Traveling To Melbourne
Melbourne has many restaurants and cafes that offer the best cuisines from across the world. You should also visit beaches and have picnics. There are many buildings in Melbourne that you must see.
A 7-day trip to Melbourne for a single person will cost around €1709. The prices will increase or decrease, depending on your stay, choice of restaurants, and preferred mode of commute.
Melbourne Aquarium, Federation Square, Eureka Tower, Royal Exhibition Building, Old Melbourne Gaol, Brighton Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground and Museum, Penguin Parade, Dandenong Ranges, and St. Kilda Beach are some must-visit places in Melbourne.
Melbourne experiences spring from March to May and autumn from September to November. These are the best months to visit Melbourne as the weather is pleasant in these months.
Don’t tip in restaurants. If you are very happy with the service, just ask the cashier to keep the change. To avoid accidents at the beach, swim between the red and yellow flags.